Customer ratings: (77 ratings)
Updated: 05.11.2015 "When all you want is the digital equivalent of a paper diary, this is the perfect one." - goyyboy (5 stars) - Fixed a bug where long footer text is truncated in the settings window and submenus, causing one to be unable to read the text in its entirely.
by Eng Tat Lim
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
Category: Utilities, Lifestyle
Size: 46.87 MB
Requirements: iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi, iPad23G-iPad23G, MacDesktop-MacDesktop, iPhone4S-iPhone4S, iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen, iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G, iPhone5-iPhone5, iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen, iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen, iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G, iPadMini-iPadMini, iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G, iPhone5c-iPhone5c, iPhone5s-iPhone5s, iPadAir-iPadAir, iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular, iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina, iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular, iPhone6-iPhone6, iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus, iPadAir2-iPadAir2, iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular, iPadMini3-iPadMini3, iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular, iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen, iPhone6s-iPhone6s, iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus, iPadMini4-iPadMini4, iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular, iPadPro-iPadPro, iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular, iPadPro97-iPadPro97, iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular, iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE, iPhone7-iPhone7, iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus, iPad611-iPad611, iPad612-iPad612, iPad71-iPad71, iPad72-iPad72, iPad73-iPad73, iPad74-iPad74, iPhone8-iPhone8, iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus, iPhoneX-iPhoneX, iPad75-iPad75, iPad76-iPad76, iPhoneXS-iPhoneXS, iPhoneXSMax-iPhoneXSMax, iPhoneXR-iPhoneXR, iPad812-iPad812, iPad834-iPad834, iPad856-iPad856, iPad878-iPad878, Watch4-Watch4, iPadMini5-iPadMini5, iPadMini5Cellular-iPadMini5Cellular, iPadAir3-iPadAir3, iPadAir3Cellular-iPadAir3Cellular, iPodTouchSeventhGen-iPodTouchSeventhGen, iPhone11-iPhone11, iPhone11Pro-iPhone11Pro, iPadSeventhGen-iPadSeventhGen, iPadSeventhGenCellular-iPadSeventhGenCellular, iPhone11ProMax-iPhone11ProMax, iPhoneSESecondGen-iPhoneSESecondGen, iPadProSecondGen-iPadProSecondGen, iPadProSecondGenCellular-iPadProSecondGenCellular, iPadProFourthGen-iPadProFourthGen, iPadProFourthGenCellular-iPadProFourthGenCellular, iPhone12Mini-iPhone12Mini, iPhone12-iPhone12, iPhone12Pro-iPhone12Pro, iPhone12ProMax-iPhone12ProMax, iPadAir4-iPadAir4, iPadAir4Cellular-iPadAir4Cellular, iPadEighthGen-iPadEighthGen, iPadEighthGenCellular-iPadEighthGenCellular, iPadProThirdGen-iPadProThirdGen, iPadProThirdGenCellular-iPadProThirdGenCellular, iPadProFifthGen-iPadProFifthGen, iPadProFifthGenCellular-iPadProFifthGenCellular
Description Personal Diary (Journal) App
"Loving the lighthearted feel of this deceptively powerful app." - plinkplok (5 stars)
"Exactly what I needed" - (multiple reviews)
"Good and accessible with VoiceOver" - Allan.summers
Need a simple, free, and easy to use journalling app? Meet Personal Diary!
With no advertisements, limitations nor any upfront cost, Personal Diary is your simplest and best journalling tool yet. Easily access all your entries in all your devices with iCloud Sync. Write diary entries without worrying that someone will peek at what you wrote, with passcode & biometric protection. Forgot about your diary? The app can 'summon' you back with a friendly nudge. You can also import as many photos as you wish into your entries. As an optional addition, you can set your mood and the weather, or automatically by an AI if you prefer.
*This app is developed and is managed by Wern Jie, 17.
- Numeric passcode lock (any number of digits).
- Unlock using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices.
- Auto-saves as you type.
- Simple & Easy to use.
- iCloud Sync.
- Smart Search.
- Ability to pick a mood.
- Ability to choose the weather of the day.
- Mood & Weather can be automatically chosen.
- Import photos to your entries.
- Select a theme to suite your style.
- Dark Mode for better night use.
- iPad Multitasking Features supported.
- External keyboard, trackpad and mouse supported.
- VoiceOver fully supported.
- 3D Touch functionalities supported.
- Simple Rich Text editing supported.
- Siri Shortcuts and Integration (experimental).
- Fully functional non-stripped down version of Apple Watch app.
- FlickType keyboard integration in the Apple Watch app, allowing for a faster and more convenient typing experience on your wrist.
- Fully compatible with all modern iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch models.
- Daily Notifications for writing in your diary.
- NO Ads & absolutely FREE! 😀
*Some features may not available on the Apple Watch. All features for editing and viewing all your entries such as the Timeline view are fully supported on the watch, except for previewing images.
Don't forget to let me know what you think of Personal Diary by leaving a review on the App Store! Reviews and ratings help and let other users find this app. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to send a feedback; I might be able to help! 🙂
- Please do not forget your password. If you forget your password and your identity cannot be verified, you may not be able to access your data.
This app allows you to tip/donate to directly support the development of this app through in-app purchases. No new features will be provided when you tip, it's just to support the app's development if you would like to. Selecting a Small/Medium/Large Tip will initiate a one time payment for tipping. A Continuous Tip is automatic-renewal subscription to tip every month, and will renew automatically every month unless it's turned off or cancelled (through your account settings) at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For this, your iTunes account will be charged when payment is confirmed, and charged for auto-renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the selected price.
What's new in Version 2.6.5
- Improved password recovery identity verification process, with many bug fixes and accuracy improvements.
- Stopped unnecessary background updates for dark mode, so the app should now not waste as much power doing nothing.
- Fixes an issue where content auto-scrolls back to the cursor while editing in an entry on macOS (again).
- Resolves an issue where if Dark Theme is set to Auto, it may not work correctly on macOS, where it randomly switches to Dark Mode even in undesired situations.
- Updated minimum window size on macOS.
- Fixed settings window size being unnecessarily tiny on macOS.
Screenshots Personal Diary (Journal) App
Screenshots Personal Diary (Journal) App for iPad
Customer ratings: (77 ratings)
"When all you want is the digital equivalent of a paper diary, this is the perfect one." - goyyboy (5 stars)
- Fixed a bug where long footer text is truncated in the settings window and submenus, causing one to be unable to read the text in its entirely.