Cut, copy and paste is an important feature in iOS. Here is the step by step process for VoiceOver users.
- Select the words you want to cut or copy with the VoiceOver cursor by touching the line or flicking left or right.
- Rotate the VoiceOver rotor to either “words” or “lines.” To rotate the VoiceOver rotor place two fingers on the screen and turn them left or right. If you select “lines” you will select one lines at a time and if you select “words” you will select one word at a time.
- Pinch out with two fingers to begin to select the words you want to cut or copy. VoiceOver will speak which words have been selected. Pinch in with two fingers to unselect by the rotor item.
- Rotate the rotor to “edit” mode and then swipe up or down to hear all of the options. It will give you options such as cut, copy, paste, define and more depending on which app you are using.
- When you hear the option you want, double tap anywhere on the screen. Now you have copied the text.
- To paste the text navigate to a text box and then double tap and hold. Then swipe to navigate to the paste button and then double tap anywhere on the screen to paste the text.