People have been looking for a good app to access their Bookshare books for a while now. InDaisy has worked well for many people but getting your Bookshare books in to the app has not been a stream lined process. The new version of InDaisy will allow you to search, download, and read Bookshare books from within the app. Here is a list of new features:
- In-App download of Bookshare Daisy books by Individual, Organization and Anonymous members via Add Books button, +, in Bookshelf view. Direct access to newspapers/magazines from Bookshare will be added in the next release.
- Open password protected Daisy books or newspapers from Bookshare loaded via iTunes File sharing or FTP methods. You will be prompted for password when you tap on the book in the Bookshelf.
- Synchronized audio with word level highlighting for text only Daisy 3 books using embedded Acapela text-to-speech engine.
- Playback control using iPhone headset: Double click to fast forward and Triple click to Rewind.
- Jump by phrase via the Level Navigation menu in the Talking Book view.
- In Settings App, added Reset button for InDaisy to configure InDaisy Reader to always start from Bookshelf screen.
If you have not downloaded the free update you will want to. You can get InDaisy in the App Store.