Customer ratings: (68 ratings)
Updated: 05.11.2015 "When all you want is the digital equivalent of a paper diary, this is the perfect one." - goyyboy (5 stars) This is a quick hot fix update that resolves some important usability issues.
by Eng Tat Lim
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
Category: Utilities, Lifestyle
Size: 46.62 MB
Requirements: iPhone8-iPhone8, iPad812-iPad812, iPad76-iPad76, iPhoneXS-iPhoneXS, iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular, iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen, iPad23G-iPad23G, iPhone5-iPhone5, iPhone6-iPhone6, iPad612-iPad612, iPadPro-iPadPro, iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen, iPadAir-iPadAir, iPhoneSESecondGen-iPhoneSESecondGen, iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus, iPadAir3-iPadAir3, iPadProSecondGenCellular-iPadProSecondGenCellular, iPad75-iPad75, iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus, iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular, iPad73-iPad73, iPadMini5Cellular-iPadMini5Cellular, iPadProFourthGen-iPadProFourthGen, iPadProFourthGenCellular-iPadProFourthGenCellular, iPadAir3Cellular-iPadAir3Cellular, iPhone11ProMax-iPhone11ProMax, iPad856-iPad856, iPad611-iPad611, iPadProSecondGen-iPadProSecondGen, iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular, iPhone6s-iPhone6s, iPadAir2-iPadAir2, iPadMini-iPadMini, iPadAir4-iPadAir4, iPadPro97-iPadPro97, iPadEighthGen-iPadEighthGen, iPadMini5-iPadMini5, iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular, iPhoneXR-iPhoneXR, iPadMini4-iPadMini4, iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus, iPhoneX-iPhoneX, iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi, iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G, iPhone7-iPhone7, iPhoneXSMax-iPhoneXSMax, iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G, iPodTouchSeventhGen-iPodTouchSeventhGen, iPhone12-iPhone12, iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen, iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen, iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G, iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE, iPadAir4Cellular-iPadAir4Cellular, iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina, iPhone12ProMax-iPhone12ProMax, iPadSeventhGen-iPadSeventhGen, iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus, iPad71-iPad71, iPad74-iPad74, iPadEighthGenCellular-iPadEighthGenCellular, iPadSeventhGenCellular-iPadSeventhGenCellular, iPadMini3-iPadMini3, iPad834-iPad834, iPhone12Pro-iPhone12Pro, iPhone4S-iPhone4S, MacDesktop-MacDesktop, iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular, iPhone5s-iPhone5s, iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular, iPad72-iPad72, iPhone11-iPhone11, Watch4-Watch4, iPhone11Pro-iPhone11Pro, iPhone12Mini-iPhone12Mini, iPad878-iPad878, iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular, iPhone5c-iPhone5c
Description Personal Diary (Journal) App
"Loving the lighthearted feel of this deceptively powerful app." - plinkplok (5 stars)
"Exactly what I needed" - (multiple reviews)
"Good and accessible with VoiceOver" - Allan.summers
Need a simple, free, and easy to use journalling app? Meet Personal Diary!
With no advertisements, limitations nor any upfront cost, Personal Diary is your simplest and best journalling tool yet. Easily access all your entries in all your devices with iCloud Sync. Write diary entries without worrying that someone will peek at what you wrote, with passcode & biometric protection. Forgot about your diary? The app can 'summon' you back with a friendly nudge. You can also import as many photos as you wish into your entries. As an optional addition, you can set your mood and the weather, or automatically by an AI if you prefer.
*This app is developed and is managed by Wern Jie, 17.
- Numeric passcode lock (any number of digits).
- Unlock using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices.
- Auto-saves as you type.
- Simple & Easy to use.
- iCloud Sync.
- Smart Search.
- Ability to pick a mood.
- Ability to choose the weather of the day.
- Mood & Weather can be automatically chosen.
- Import photos to your entries.
- Select a theme to suite your style.
- Dark Mode for better night use.
- iPad Multitasking Features supported.
- External keyboard, trackpad and mouse supported.
- VoiceOver fully supported.
- 3D Touch functionalities supported.
- Simple Rich Text editing supported.
- Siri Shortcuts and Integration (experimental).
- Fully functional non-stripped down version of Apple Watch app.
- FlickType keyboard integration in the Apple Watch app, allowing for a faster and more convenient typing experience on your wrist.
- Fully compatible with all modern iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch models.
- Daily Notifications for writing in your diary.
- NO Ads & absolutely FREE! 😀
*Some features may not available on the Apple Watch. All features for editing and viewing all your entries such as the Timeline view are fully supported on the watch, except for previewing images.
Don't forget to let me know what you think of Personal Diary by leaving a review on the App Store! Reviews and ratings help and let other users find this app. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to send a feedback; I might be able to help! 🙂
- Please do not forget your password. If you forget your password and your identity cannot be verified, you may not be able to access your data.
This app allows you to tip/donate to directly support the development of this app through in-app purchases. No new features will be provided when you tip, it's just to support the app's development if you would like to. Selecting a Small/Medium/Large Tip will initiate a one time payment for tipping. A Continuous Tip is automatic-renewal subscription to tip every month, and will renew automatically every month unless it's turned off or cancelled (through your account settings) at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For this, your iTunes account will be charged when payment is confirmed, and charged for auto-renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the selected price.
What's new in Version 2.6.1
- Fixed an issue where scrolling may not work while editing an Entry. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.
- Patched a bug where pasting content might cause erroneous auto-scrolling.
- Added an edit button in the Entry page that provides hints on how you can edit all aspects of an entry.
- Added an indicator on macOS to press the escape key to finish typing when Focused Editing Mode is enabled in Personal Diary settings.
Changes from the major v2.6 release:
- Personal Diary is now available on macOS Catalina and later! Look for it on the Mac App Store.
- The app is now optimised for iOS 14, iPadOS 14 and watchOS 7.
- Fixed an issue on iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 where your data on iCloud does not automatically download.
- Resolved a bug on iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 where images are stubborn and can never be downloaded, no matter what you do.
- Updated UI for mood, weather and date selector for an entry on iPad and macOS.
- Added image reordering support, so you can now reorder images within an entry with a simple drag.
- Image reordering doesn't work on iOS 10 and below at the moment.
- If you're using the add button to insert images, they are now correctly added in the order they were added in.
- Updated Settings UI on iOS 13, iPadOS 13, macOS 10.15 and later, so it now appears as a pop up window rather than a full screen page.
- Fixed an issue where the app may freeze for a second or two on large journals every single time you enter the Timeline, especially on older iOS, iPadOS and macOS devices.
- Added experimental multi-journal switching support, allowing you to switch between different books or profiles. To try it out, enable it in Experimental Features.
- Added drag and drop support - on iPadOS and macOS, you can now drag and drop images directly into the Images panel.
- Added the ability to choose export date range for bulk exports.
- PDF Exports (in bulk) can now be customized.
- Added an option to disable grouping by month for PDF exports and Printing, which may cause exports to halt completely for large diaries on older devices.
- Added the option to insert images and export via the Files app on iOS/iPadOS and Finder on macOS.
- Fixed an issue where importing data does not work on macOS.
- Resolves an issue where selecteing the "Export or Print Data" option in Personal Diary settings will crash the app when low on storage.
- Navigation bar colors are now more consistent throughout the app.
- Fixed a bug where the app continuously refreshes the view waiting for theme changes and wasting resources.
- Updated watchOS FlickType SDK. Now, you can type your entries on your watch more efficiently than ever - with swipe-typing, custom character input and more, all from your wrist!
- Personal Diary for watchOS now works with the FlickType watch app on watchOS 7, so FlickType can now update separately from Personal Diary app, and custom FlickType settings automatically work.
- Fixed some issues with prompts provided by Recovery Mode.
- Updated App Support & Information page.
- Updated some troubleshooting prompts.
Do write a review if you enjoyed using Personal Diary! If you have any questions, do send an email; I'd be happy to help!
Screenshots Personal Diary (Journal) App
Screenshots Personal Diary (Journal) App for iPad
Customer ratings: (68 ratings)
"When all you want is the digital equivalent of a paper diary, this is the perfect one." - goyyboy (5 stars)
This is a quick hot fix update that resolves some important usability issues.